American artist, Patrick Stull designs, creates and produces a variety of fine art imagery. His ongoing work is based in large-scale digital photography accompanied by sculpture/body casts, composition art, painting, poetry/prose and drawings. His art is then integrated, collectively, into exhibitions to provide the viewer a once in a lifetime experience. The presentation of the work is delivered to the viewer in a unique and emotionally powerful way. Stull mostly concentrates on women’s lives but has recently expanded into the world of men, photographing them while capturing something powerful. Some subjects are recorded, offering the viewer an opportunity to experience something unique about the person or about what they have experienced. His long-term passion is to build a women’s art center where a free flow of ideas, concepts and art can inspire the public.
You will encounter imagery layered with elements of clay, paint, and other mediums. All are designed and created personally by Stull. He applies clay, paint and powder to the body, bringing it to life in a unique way – creating a concept to be studied and enjoyed.
Stull, 69, a self-taught artist, works in many artistic disciplines. Educated at San Diego State University with degrees in psychology, economics and philosophy during the 1960’s, amidst the backdrop of the counter-culture revolution and the Viet Nam War, where his social consciousness and political views were shaped. Stull emerged from a Catholic Irish/German family, one of five children where work, discipline and religion took precedence over emotional expressions of the self – a different kind of loving environment. Being a husband of thirty-plus years and father to two has taught him the power of love and commitment.
- The Six Jewish Girls - San Francisco Yerba Buena Center for the Arts - 2006
- Evolve... a Woman's Journey - San Francisco Fort Mason - 2012
- Primal Vision - Currently under development
- Stull has been interviewed on Radio, filmed for television and published in various national and local media publications. The following are a few examples.
- UBempowered.com - Stull has recently focused his activities toward sourcing funds to support grassroots humanistic organization.